Shrimp-and-Black Bean Stir Fry
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large, raw shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango or pineapple
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup teriyaki baste-and-glaze sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: cilantro leaves
- Stir-fry onion and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add corn and 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Pat shrimp dry. Add shrimp, garlic, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add mango and black beans; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Stir in corn-and-onion mixture. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Note: We tested with Kikkoman Original Teriyaki Takumi Collection Sauce.
Southern Living-April 2014
Tomato Basil Lasagna Rolls
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-oz.) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toppings: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse); arrange in a single layer on a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add two-thirds of minced garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and next 2 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts, next 3 ingredients, and remaining minced garlic. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture on 1 noodle. Roll up firmly, and place, seam side down, into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over lasagna rolls.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
Note: We tested with Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
Southern Living-October 2013
Chicken-Vegetable Kabobs with White BBQ Sauce
- 4 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- White Barbeque Sauce (recipe below)
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Whisk together rosemary and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients; toss to coat. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers; discard marinade.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes; serve with sauce.
White Barbeque Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, spicy brown mustard, horseradish, sugar, and salt. Refrigerate up to 1 week
Southern Living-August 2013