Tiramisu with Sweet Tea Makes: 10 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 13 hr. 30 min 2 Family-size tea bags
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 (8 oz.) containers mascarpone cheese
1 Tbsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
2 cups whipping cream
2 (3 oz.) packages ladyfingers
1 or 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan; add tea bags. Remove from heat; cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Add 1 cup sugar, stirring until dissolved. bring tea mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 22 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Remove mixture from heat, and let cool to room temperature. (about 30 minutes).
- Stir together mascarpone cheese, vanilla bean paste, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat whipping cream sat medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, fold into cheese mixture.
- Separate ladyfingers in half. Arrange 24 ladyfinger halves, flat sides up, in the bottom of an 11X7-inch baking dish. Drizzle with half of tea mixture. Top with half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers once. Cover and chill 12 hours. Sift cocoa over top just before serving.
Optional Topping: Toss sliced strawberries & pitted fresh cherries with a little sugar and almond liqueur; add shaved chocolate.