- Clean regularly—everything from floors to windows should be spotless!
- Clean everything—including ovens and major appliances
- Add a fresh coat of paint where needed
- Make sure curtains and window treatments are clean and in good shape
- Remove excess furniture to make the rooms look more spacious
- Pack away most of your home photos and personal collections, so buyers can envision their own possessions in your home
- Decorate with plants
- Remove excess clutter by putting away small kitchen appliances and items that sit on counter tops and tables
- Eliminate any offensive odors. If you have pets, please “Fabreeze your interior before showings.
You usually just have one chance at impressing potential homebuyers, so make sure the interior of your home is clean, uncluttered and attractive.